Litigation and Credit Management
Businesses lose thousands of pounds in unpaid accounts every year and believe it is too expensive to employ the services of law firms and debt collection agencies.We are able to offer our clients an extremely cost effective and personalised service at a fraction of the cost.
Services are provided by a Consultant and advocate, with over 20 years experience in credit management and litigation. An Associate of the Institute of Legal Executives and a Member of the Institute of Credit Management, experience working in-house in both the public and private sectors and also in practice for two well respected law firms. Over the years has managed teams recovering debt and held senior management positions in organizations in which set up successful in-house legal departments.
Areas of specialise are diverse and have represented many financial institutions and blue chip organizations including public bodies.
Credit Management Services
- Review of credit policies and structure of credit departments
- Review of Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Implementation of credit risk assessments, credit risk controls, credit limits and sanctions with a view to decreasing exposure to credit risk
- General sales ledger administration to include sales ledger controls – credit and collection systems
- Cash collection policies, methods and targets with a view to reducing DSO
- Effective use of computers in cash collection and prioritisation of outstanding income
- Review of systems for resolution of disputes
- Insolvency procedures
- Enforcement of Retention of Title Claims
Services can be provided in-house alternatively, staff can be trained to run their own litigation claims with support being provided in respect of contentious and complex defended claims to include advocacy at hearings.
Services provided and covered include:
- Letters Before Claim (compliant with Civil Procedure Rules Pre Action Protocol)
- Issuing of Claims in the County Court or Claims online
- Preparation of Particulars of Claim and settlement of Replies to Defences and Defences to Counterclaims, Requests for Further Information
- Obtaining Judgment through to enforcement
- Warrant of Execution | Charging Orders | Third Party Debt Orders | Order for Debtor to attend Court for questioning | Attachment of Earnings
- Transfer to High Court for enforcement by Writ of Fi (High Court Enforcement Officer)
- Defended complex and contested litigation: settlement through mediation or preparing case for final hearing / trial to include witness statements, indexed and paginated bundles,
- General Advocacy
- Obtaining Advice / Opinion from Counsel as to merits and evidence
- Issue of Statutory Demands and instigation of bankruptcy and winding up proceedings
- Action of Retention of Title Claims
- Interlocutory Applications
- Provision of Trace Services, Pre-Litigation Reports and Process Serving
A professional and proactive approach to recovery and litigation enabling clients to achieve maximum collectable income whilst minimizing costs.